The condo owners and their lawyer, Michael Ruppert, said in a statement Tuesday that they were “heartbroken” by the death of their co-owner and they are working with the police and local authorities to identify a suspect.
Ruppet said the condo association had been cooperating with police, but added that he would not provide details on the alleged incident.
He also said the owners were still working to find a new owner for the condo.
The condo association issued a statement saying that they had been in contact with authorities.
“As soon as we learned of the tragic incident involving the condominiums, we immediately initiated the appropriate response, including the hiring of a private investigator,” the statement said.
The statement said that the condo owners, who are all in their 60s, were in a condo together when the incident occurred, and were planning to move into the condo after moving into a different apartment.
The incident occurred Tuesday morning in the 600 block of North Avenue.
A neighbor told ABC News that he heard the victims yelling and then seeing someone run from the building.
Police have not released details on what led up to the shooting.
The city’s Bureau of Building and Safety said in an earlier statement that the incident was under investigation.
It said it was not known if anyone else was involved in the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.